Achinette, my former manager and current GMail “pen pal” tagged me. Now I have to list 6 unimportant things that make me happy. Rules of the tag are:
1. Mention the person who nominated you.
2. List 6 unimportant things that make you happy.
3. Tag 6 blogs, state the rules, and notify them with a teeny comment on their blog.
All right, here goes mine…
1) My new size 0 self. I have gone past my initial disgust of my smaller frame and moved on to complete happiness. I know I can stand to gain a few more pounds but I am absolutely delighted with my weight now. It doesn’t even matter that Uzi’s 8-year old niece can wear one of my skinny jeans as if they were her own.
2) Totoro toys, books, memorabilia. I have a 3-feet tall Totoro stuffed toy, 2 Catbus stuffed tissue holders, Totoro graphic novels (1&2), 1 small Chu Totoro stuffed toy, and a Totoro sculpture that Uzi made for me. And I will have a Totoro-themed wedding. Hahaha.
3) Celebrity gossip. This is my absolute vice. I check celebrity gossip blogs every day. EVERY DAY. I don’t know why. Yes, you can judge me. I can take it.
4) Teapots. They are nothing but dust-gatherers and space-hoggers but I cannot stop buying them. In fact, I made a deal with myself to stop buying anything cute or pretty EXCEPT fabrics and teapots. If most vintage sellers on Etsy ship breakables to the Philippines, I’d be buying antique teapots every week.
5) Home organizing stuff. When do drawers, racks, and shelves become unimportant? When they become the source of clutter. I love shopping for home organizing materials because I always have this notion that I must organize the apartment better. Unfortunately, they have done nothing but add to the mess. Of course, that is not stopping me from buying more.
6) School and office supplies. I have no use for a gazillion paper clips, tacks, staplers, glue, and specialty paper but I just want to have them all. This probably stems from the fact that the best of part of the school year when I was still studying was shopping for notebooks.
*I did not include any craft-related things because they are all important.